Friday, January 16, 2015

Inspiration Station - It takes two, baby!

Hello, everyone! SO sorry I'm a tad late posting this Inspiration Station, but we are just coming out of a nasty bout of stomach flu and cough and colds! We are all on the mend, though, which is awesome, so here I am with this month's instalment of Inspiration Station, where I try to inspire you by being inspired.

I've been admiring the work of a few, particular ladies now for some time. Scrappers who scrap a whole lot different than me and achieve absolute perfection every time. There are actually too many to name, but you know who I'm talking about - the scrappers who whip out mixed media products and make a layout without any paper but the background piece. YIKES, but YES! It looks like so much fun!! 

I've been wanting to try this for a long time, but have always had a hard time trying new scrappy techniques by myself. So, with that in mind, I invited a friend of mine and fellow Let's Capture Our Memories designer, Elisa Delora, to the house over a week or so ago and we dabbed a bit into the world of making backgrounds without paper. Wanna see what I came up with? Hee!Hee! I'm excited to show you!



I took out a Tim Holtz stencil and dabbed it with some Versamark. And then, get this, poured some clear embossing powder over it and made it melt with my heat gun! I've had that thing for years, but rarely use it! I think Elisa had an epiphany! A little birdie told me that she's since procured herself one for her own!! Hee!Hee! 

Now, I know! I know! I did use some paper, but very little. It's from Carta Bella's Winter Fun collection. I also used a few of its sticker embellishments. You also see a few snippets of Stampin' Up patterned and transparency papers , American Crafts corrugated paper and alphas, a Heidi Swapp title sticker, October Afternoon alphas, Studio Calico wood veneer, Magenta mesh, Cosmo Cricket tiny text, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, a Lime Citron badge (thanks, Elisa!), and stitching using a Close to My Heart stitching template and one strand of DMC floss. Oh! And that background piece? A B-side of a My Mind's Eye patterned paper!! 

And there you have it! Sometimes, it really does take two to get the ball rolling. Thanks, Elisa, for the great evening of scrapping, and the inspiration to try something new on a page!

Happy scrapping!


4 comments:

Majo said...

Such a cute picture and a wonderful layout!

Unknown said...

LOVe this Layout!!I just had to share it on my FB page as well!!!

Unknown said...

Such a great layout!

Beatrice Lawson said...

That's fantastic, love the look! And yes, we all had that horrible flu too... it just gets you down, doesn't it??