Thursday, July 10, 2014

Product Shuffle : Banner Tabs

Good morning everyone.  Jocelyne here hoping the sun is shining on you on this fine July day. 
For today's instalment of Product Shuffle, I will be talking about banner tags, like the ones found on this on My Mind's Eye Journey Buttons.
We usually use them in a banner or as a accent in a cluster of embelishments.  I found another way to use them.  By taking out your scissors and cutting parallel to the tag end, we can create chevrons! You could do this with any banner tab, any size
Using the My Mind's Eye chipboard tabs were especially fun since they are already sticky, just cut them and adhere them right away to the layout.  I find it makes a very cute chevron, don't you think?
Along with the chipboard tabs, I played with the new Echo Park Capture Life collection
 You could really use this collection for any occasion. I really love it! As a background for all this scrappy goodness I used CTMH cardstock and some Jillibean Soup's Soup Staples paper.  I added a some Simple Stories stickers and some American Crafts alpha sticker and made this layout.
I like to use Thickers but often run out of the letters I need.  I sometimes try to find a title that fits the letters I have left, but most often I simply make the letters I need with whatever is left on my sheet.  On this layout, I made and "i" using a dash and a flower sticker and the "e" from a "w"!  Turn your sheet of letters upside down and sideways and you may just find the letters you need hiding in the letters you have left. 
I hope you like this installment of product shuffle.  I hope to see you again on Saturday for another sketch reveal.  In the meantime, please feel free to comment and tell us what think, give us ideas on how to use those banner tabs or tell how you deal with missing letters in your alpha sticker.  
Have an awesome day!

No comments: