Thursday, March 20, 2014

Product Shuffle: Cardstock Only

Happy Spring! I don't know about you guys, but I am sure ready for some warmer spring weather!

Today I have a cardstock only layout to share with you. This was tough for me because I normally use only patterned papers in my scrapbooks. I use them for the backgrounds and for matting and other accents on my page. For this page, I was given several sheets of Core'dinations cardstock. If you're not familiar with this cardstock, let me tell you about it. It's really awesome. This cardstock does not have a white core. This cardstock is colored all the way through! It has a canvas texture on one side and is smooth on the other side.

The colors I used on my layout are: Exotic Orchid, Aqueduct, and Black Magic - Hex. Let me tell you about this black magic Core'dinations collection. The cardstock is black and the core is a pretty bright color (like pink).

What makes the colored core so great is that you can distress this cardstock to let the core show. Sand it, tear it, score it, and edge distress it.

Enough talking. Here's my layout.


I sanded the black cardstock so the pink core could show through. It looks really cool. I also used a distressing edger tool. There is a page of videos on the Core'dinations website with several techniques.

As far as a cardstock only layout, it turns out there are many ways to spice up your page. I used a Studio Calico mask and two colors of Heidi Swapp Color Shine (mustard and primrose) on the background. I used my punches to add some heart accents and border strips. I also stamped on some cardstock, fussy cut the shapes, and added them to my page.

I hope this has provided some inspiration for you! I'd love to see you upload your pages to the LCOM gallery.

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Lovely LO Ashley! It is a little tricky sometimes to do a LO with only one type of paper but it really makes you rethink some techniques that you let slide. I love the little bit of pink showing through the black on the Core'dinations paper. I usually think I have to emboss it but this gives it a nice interest.
Thanks for sharing and Happy First Day of Spring! :)

Michelle said...

Great Job on this LO! This would be a very difficult challenge for me!