Saturday, March 1, 2014

March Color Spot

Good morning to you all!

Can you believe that March is upon us already?  March is good, though.  Why? Because Day Light Savings is just around the corner and that make my family and I VERY happy!  Longer days just makes us happier!!  Longer days also means that warmer weather is coming... soon!! Right?? One can only hope!!  

This month's color spot is inspired by St-Patrick's Day.  I Googled St-Patrick's Day hoping to find an image that would inspire me.  Unfortunately,  most images were of rainbows and the famous pot of gold at the end of it, and lots of little leprechauns!  It wasn't really inspiring.  I did know that I wanted a green tone to the spot.  Then I found this image via etsy.com/shop/coutureflower.  I fell in love with it!!  It was exactly what I was looking for!!  The different color greens and those little mustaches!  Hello?!! 



I asked my friend and fellow designer, Zoe Nemburt if she would like to have a go at March's Color Spot.  I'm so excited that she accepted!  I love her creations and what she created this time around is just plain GORGEOUS!  I love all the details on her layout, from the layered paper at the top to behind the photo.  The little glassine envelop with sequins is so delicate and is the perfect mat for the badge.  I love how that butterfly seems to float over the page.  Such great layering and detail!!  The colors are fantastic!!



Here's a closer look at all the details.



Thank you, Zoe, for accepting the challenge this month!  

I hope you were inspired by March's Color Spot.  I sure am!  Make sure you share your creations with us by linking your projects using the link below.  We always love seeing what you create. 

Happy scrapping!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! What a yummy layout! great subject, layering and, I just love the velum touches!

Aurelie said...

AMAZING color combo and SPECTCULAR layout!!! I bow down to you, Zoe!! I want to scrapbook like you when I grow up! ;)

Ruth G said...

A fresh and fun layout! I love those colors! Thanks so much for sharing the inspiration and the challenge!

Monique Nicole Fox said...

All done! http://living-in-the-positive.blogspot.com/2014/03/happy-monday-happy-snow-day.html

Michelle said...

Wow, this is stunning!

len said...

Love the color combo and the reveal is amazing!!